[SOLVED] How do i autostart touchscreen driver?

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
yanus2face

[SOLVED] How do i autostart touchscreen driver?

Post by yanus2face »

Hello there. I got 19.1 XFCE version with fresh eGalax touchscreen driver
Too bad but it just do not work out of the box.
sudo start-stop-daemon -Sbx /usr/bin/eGTouchD this works like charm but... I still need a way to launch it at startup as daemon with proper rights.
Stock startup script drops into /etc/rcS.d/ and looks like /usr/bin/eGTouchD (not functional)
Any idias how to fix that?
rc.local is no more and even sceleton file in /etc/init.d is missing plus i am not that expirienced to make a proper init script by myself.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
thx-1138
Level 8
Level 8

Re: How do i autostart touchscreen driver?

Post by thx-1138 »

yanus2face wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:54 am........................................
...have a look in this document.
Pay special attention to the systemd sections for 16.04 & 18.04...should get you going for the most part.
From a very quick'n'dirty look at the setup script, it does quite a few things,
it attempts to blacklist possibly conflicting modules & autoload others, modify lightdm's configuration etc.
The above document appears to take care of (most?) of such, you still might have to manually examine the setup script further...

Hope that helps.
yanus2face

Re: How do i autostart touchscreen driver?

Post by yanus2face »

thx-1138 thanks man! Recipe for 18.04 worked just fine with a little bit of polishing.

Return to “Hardware Support”