Level 1
Level 1

Since I did the weekly upgrade I lost 2 USB

Post by --phoenix--as@ »

Hello

I did my weekly upgrade and I lost 2 USB
Now just 1 USB works
Could you help me to have again my 3 USB
Small additional precision the USB ports are well powered electrically by the PC. They do not seem to be recognized by the system and the devices do not mount automatically
Best Regards
Laptop System: Acer product: Aspire E5-521
System: Kernel: 4.15.0-43-generic x86_64 bits
Desktop: Cinnamon 4.0.9
Distro: Linux Mint 19.1 Tessa
CPU: Topology: Quad Core model: AMD A4-6210 APU with AMD Radeon R3 Graphics
Graphics: Radeon R3 Graphics
Moem
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Since I did the weekly upgrade I lost 2 USB

Post by Moem »

Sorry, what exactly is a weekly upgrade? That doesn't sound familiar. Do you mean that you do your updates once a week?

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
Hoser Rob
Level 16
Level 16

Post by Hoser Rob »

I'm guessing weekly updates here. Do you have high level updates enabled in Update Manager?

And you'll need to post more system info in any case, always do this, copy/paste this to the terminal and copy/paste the text output here (no screenshots please):

Code: Select all

inxi -Fxz
Mute Ant
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Mute Ant »

'...they do not seem to be recognized by the system...' So for Linux they simply don't exist? The command sudo lsblk will show you the block devices that Linux knows about.

o Software simply can't damage hardware, although it can encourage defective hardware to destroy itself. I suggest that for now you ignore the whole 'upgrade' thing as a red herring... USB has been in Linux for many years.

o Do these sticks work on another computer? If not, they may have been killed by a hardware defect in the machine you are using.

o Were these sticks packed in tamper-proof blister packs? Or might they be Lying Weasel (TM) fakes?
While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named "manual".
Moem
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Moem »

Hoser Rob wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:04 am
I'm guessing weekly updates here.
Sure, I can guess too, but I want to know what the OP meant. Guessing doesn't tell me that.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
Joan_2018
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Joan_2018 »

Have you tried to run disks or Gparted, and try to format them, or simply mount them ?

Return to “Hardware Support”