Bluetooth can't remove device nor add

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
lordmax
Level 3
Level 3

Bluetooth can't remove device nor add

Post by lordmax »

Hi

linux mint 18. sylvia ona Acer TM8471
All update done

I have a single device on bluethoot, a speaker, it works well
I want to add a wireless headset (yuanguo2)

headset works fine on smartphone and on windows, no problem at all.

reset to factory default of headset
try to find on bluethoot, nothing
many time and finally find device but it remains in 'not configured' state, no way to get something

Next I want to try deleting all devices and restart.
No way to delete speaker device, pop up windows with 'remove' button, select, confirm and... nothing

Can someone help me?

I dont' know how to find device via shell
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Ogni storia è vera, semplicemente alcune non sono mai accadute. [SandMan]
larrypoynor
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Bluetooth can't remove device nor add

Post by larrypoynor »

I'm getting the same thing on my laptop....A brief window pops up and says the device is not configured yet......then it disappears before I can click on it.....I'm running LM 19.1. The same device shows up on my main computer and I was able to click on it and get it set up.....
i don't know what to do on my laptop to configure the bluetooth device......Let me tell you I replaced my laptop harddrive with an SSD card.....I can't believe how fast my laptop is running now.....And no I didn't have my bluetooth headphones until 2 days ago.....
Thanks,
Larry
mchandler
Level 1
Level 1

Post by mchandler »

larrypoynor wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:40 am I'm getting the same thing on my laptop....A brief window pops up and says the device is not configured yet......then it disappears before I can click on it.....I'm running LM 19.1. The same device shows up on my main computer and I was able to click on it and get it set up.....
i don't know what to do on my laptop to configure the bluetooth device......Let me tell you I replaced my laptop harddrive with an SSD card.....I can't believe how fast my laptop is running now.....And no I didn't have my bluetooth headphones until 2 days ago.....
Thanks,
Larry
I ran into this same scenario last night with my MintBox Mini 2 Pro running 19.1. My BT speaker worked fine with 19.0, but after upgrading to 19.1, I was seeing that same disappearing BT dialog/window issue. Finally gave up and connected the BT speaker to the monitor's audio-out jack (with an aux in/out cable).
mchandler
Level 1
Level 1

Post by mchandler »

I had a similar problem and here's how I fixed it.

If you haven't already installed Pulse Audio Volume Control (PAVC), do so.
After you install PAVC, install the Bluetooth module using this command:
sudo apt-get install pulseaudio-module-bluetooth

Pair your BT headphones or speaker.
Launch Spotify (for example) and PAVC.
On PAVC's Playback tab, click the device button and select your speaker/headphones.
On PAVC's Output Devices tab, you should see your speaker/headphones.
On PAVC's Configuration tab, select the High Fidelity Playback (A2DP sink) profile.

Return to “Hardware Support”