USB devices not working on MSI B350 PC MATE motherboard

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Crazy-San

USB devices not working on MSI B350 PC MATE motherboard

Post by Crazy-San »

I have built a new computer. It has a MSI B350 PC Mate motherboard and a RYZEN 5 2400G. The USB ports work fine in BIOS and GRUB, but once I'm booted into Linux the USB ports stop working. I had to install off a DVD because the USB wasn't working even when trying to boot from the live-USB. The PS/2 port works so I have been using a USB to PS/2 adapter with a mouse and the on screen keyboard to try and troubleshoot. I installed mint Cinnamon edition and have downloaded all the system updates. Can anyone make any suggestions or am I going to need to order a different motherboard?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Crazy-San

Re: USB devices not working on MSI B350 PC MATE motherboard

Post by Crazy-San »

So an update on this problem. Forgot to mention that there is a MSI GeForce GTX 1070 card in this build. If I take the card out my USB ports start working. This build required the video card (it is going to be running an AR sandbox) so removing the card entirely is not an option. I tried updating the Nvidia drivers to the latest, but still isn't working. Any help is appreciated.

EDIT: Have tried with two more cards, including an older AMD card and both cards work for video but USB ports stop working
ClixTrix

Re: USB devices not working on MSI B350 PC MATE motherboard

Post by ClixTrix »

Looks like this problem with USB is reported on Windows too for that motherboard with your GeForce.

https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=292448.0

Have you updated motherboard BIOS to current?

Return to “Hardware Support”