Questions about hardware,drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
Netherprovinc3
Level 3
Level 3

Graphics are distorted at a line in center of screen

Post by Netherprovinc3 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:22 pm

There is a small line in the center of the screen. When I scroll up or down on the screen, there is some distortion in the part of the picture that's traveling through that area. The line is not straight. It starts high on the left hand side of the screen, travels basically straight horizontally, then becomes diagonal downward, and then goes back to straight horizontal.

Recently, I went from Linux Mint Cinnamon 19.1 to Linux Mint Mate 19.2. I also put a different hard drive in, in making that switch. Since installing, all that I have done is copy config files for Redshift over from the old machine (home directory), copy config files for Brave (home directory), and install Brave and Remmina.

My graphics is on board Intel graphics for the 4th generation processors. Intel Graphics 4000.

In my previous installation, there was a little bit of graphics malfunction, but basically wasn't enough to bother me. Some artifacts on the scroll bar, part of the clock missing (covered by a black box) on the lock screen.

Edit: In live USB Mate 19.2, issue is present. Live USB Cinnamon 19.1 is not present. Also, I forgot to mention in the OP that before the reinstall, I had flashed the UEFI.
Linux Mint 19.1 Cinnamon

Return to “Hardware Support”