Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
Tetiton
Level 1
Level 1

[SOLVED] Scroll Wheel problem with Logitech G603

Post by Tetiton » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:10 am

Hi There!

I'm new in the Linux world so experience in troubleshooting in the system whatsoever i absolute zero :-)
Anyway, Installed Tina 19.2 and it seems to be working fine, except for the mouse, and more specifically the scroll wheel. The behaviour is that when I scroll up or down, the change in the display do not correspond to the times I scroll the wheel. Al other buttons on the mouse work just fine.
At the moment the mouse is linked to the system through the USB Lightspeed connection.
Can also say that I tried to connect the mouse through the Bluetooth connection... but at this moment I do not know how to do this in Linux Mint :?

Anyone Who has an idea what the problem might be?

greetings from a linux noooooob in Sweden!
Last edited by Tetiton on Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

HAWR
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Scroll Wheel problem with Logitech G603

Post by HAWR » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:33 am

Hello to Sweden :)

Is the scroll too slow or too fast? If it is so, here is a fine solution which also works with LM 19.2 to find the right scroll speed:

https://mintguide.org/other/643-setup-t ... speed.html

You can run the mentioned script as often until you find the right setting. I hope it helps.

Tetiton
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Tetiton » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:33 am

Thanx HAWR for replying! I will try it out, even though the problem is not the speed per se rather the fact that the wheel scrolling does not match the movement on screen. It's like, for example 10 scrolls down with the wheel moves the page 1 down, 2 up, 2 down 3 up.. and so on!... really weird!

proto-dylan
Level 1
Level 1

Post by proto-dylan » Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:34 pm

I also have the g603, and it it also has an erratic scrollwheel. I tried updating the firmware with an official update from logitech, but it only seemed to fix the problem somewhat. I read later that they had a large batch of mice manufactured with flawed scrollwheels, and were just trying a software fix as a last ditch. I sent and RMA request to logitech and they sent a new mouse in two days, few questions asked. Also, I got to keep the old mouse, which I use with my laptop as a flawed but awesome travel mouse! I'm a tinkerer, so I'm going to buy an new scrollwheel and replace the old one. But hey, you should definitly get your free mouse form them!

Tetiton
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Tetiton » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:37 am

o thanx! this was valuable information! I've tried to solve the problem, but it remains. Will contact logitech!

Tetiton
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Tetiton » Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:01 am

Well the solution came down to that I turned back the mouse to the local store and got refunded, so instead I paid the difference for a MX Master S2. And now I have a working mouse :D

Want to thank you all for the tips!

Greetings,
Tetiton

wallyUSA
Level 5
Level 5

Post by wallyUSA » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:58 am

Logitech support has been excellent for me over the years. I have used two wireless keyboard/mouse combo sets. They have provided free online support and free replacements. :D
Tina 19.2 Cinnamon 4.2.4 Kernel 4.15.0-64 (64 bit). {Dell XPS 13}
Please, if your query has been resolved, edit your first post and add [SOLVED] to the beginning of the subject line. This may help others find solutions.

Return to “Hardware Support”