Questions about hardware,drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
ranger077
Level 1
Level 1

asus vivobook 540 wireless not found

Post by ranger077 »

Hi all. I've got a problem with my asus laptop. I got an integrated wifi card which doesnt work under any linux distro tested by me, and i 've tried plenty of. The only two OS which were able to successfully use it were windows 10 and that weird Endless Os. Which tells me it is ok but lacks specific linux drivers. So , can anyone help me a little? I even tried to use a non-compiled source code of a driver i found over internet but after it succesfully install , the WiFi stil didn't work.
The card is a realtek model.
here is the output of -lspci:

02:00.0 Network Controller : Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8821CE 802.11ac PCIe Wireless Network Adapter

I used for the last test Linux mint 19, which i intend to install if i get this driver to work.
Thanks!

JeremyB
Level 20
Level 20

Re: asus vivobook 540 wireless not found

Post by JeremyB »

In terminal run

Code: Select all

sudo apt install git dkms build-essential
git clone https://github.com/tomaspinho/rtl8821ce.git
cd rtl8821ce
sudo ./dkms-install.sh
Check mokutil --sb-state if it says Secure Boot is enabled, it needs to be disabled
Reboot

ranger077
Level 1
Level 1

Post by ranger077 »

Is said : dkms-install command not found...And another question...how do i use the driver or turn it on, after this instalation hopefuly wil be completed?
And, yes, secure boot was disabled.

ranger077
Level 1
Level 1

Post by ranger077 »

Oh, sorry man, my bad. I misspelled something. I tried it again and it worked fine after a restart. Topic solved, many thanks ! you're the best :D

Return to “Hardware Support”