Questions about hardware,drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
Durin Kaine
Level 1
Level 1

No Sound. Intel 82801I (ICH9 Family) HD [SOLVED]

Postby Durin Kaine » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:20 pm

Yeah. While following all of the guides I could find to try and get my sound to work in Linux Mint 7 x64. I ended up making it worse somehow. Not really sure what died, but it did... :evil:
I'm just giving up trying to solve this through guides and letting whoever thinks they can help me get it working...

First I want to at least get my volume control working since I managed to kill that.
When I click on it I get the error; "No volume control GStreamer plugins and/or devices found."

Just tell me whatever I need to do and I'll do it as quick as I can...

On the good side, I have pretty much everything else working in Mint. My wireless didn't work at first, but I managed to fix that after a few hours.

EDIT: I just reinstalled mint so that we didn't have to deal with the mess I made while trying to fix my sound. We can figure this out from a perfectly fresh install.

Durin Kaine
Level 1
Level 1

Re: No Sound. Intel 82801I (ICH9 Family) HD [SOLVED]

Postby Durin Kaine » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:03 am

Found this post which pertained to the exact same laptop model as I have. Followed the instructions, rebooted, and it worked perfectly.
http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p= ... ostcount=6

And to add to the awesomeness of this, the first song I'm listening on my newly working audio is none other than Still Alive! xD

Return to “Hardware Support”