Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
longshanks68
Level 1
Level 1

Samsung printer problem

Post by longshanks68 »

Hi,
I am still chasing this problem, I am running Mint 19.2 in a dual boot on my desktop with Win7 my problem is that I have Samsung Laser printer Xpress M 2026 which works OK with Win 7 but will not work with Mint. Within Mint the printers localhost shows that Samsung M2026 is there but when I try to print the printer dialogue box shows the preview of the text print it will not print.
I have downloaded from the HP site the appropriate driver and then attempted to install it via Terminal following an online guide but this does not work.
Has anyone else experienced this problem? some help please.
regards

DisturbedDragon
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Samsung printer problem

Post by DisturbedDragon »

That is a very basic printer and should not require an extra driver install. System can see it is there and will print to it. Check the printer options under "policies" and make sure it is enabled. Box should be checked.

Should you choose to install the manufacturer driver then extract the containing folder named uld. Inside you will find a file called install.sh. open a terminal inside the uld directory and type

Code: Select all

sudo ./install.sh
This will start the install. Enter to proceed with the install. Q to jump to the end of the EULA then Y to accept.
AMD Ryzen 3700x
MSI x470 Gaming Pro
1TB Crucial P1 NVMe
1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe
32GB DDR4 3200
Nvidia RTX2080 OC
-------------------------------------
Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon
Kernel 5.3.0-40

longshanks68
Level 1
Level 1

Post by longshanks68 »

Hi,
many thanks for your reply and advice, after carrying out all I get to the Grant licence section I agree to the T&C click (y) and I am told y command not found.
still at a loss.
regards
Brian

longshanks68
Level 1
Level 1

Post by longshanks68 »

Following another attempt and after the licence agreement and the T&C I am now told that " the same version of the print driver is already installed.
Still no joy printer is not responding.

Return to “Hardware Support”