Keyboard Issues Satellite 775D LM Cinn (64-bit)

Questions about hardware,drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
ngilmet
Level 1
Level 1

Keyboard Issues Satellite 775D LM Cinn (64-bit)

Post by ngilmet »

Hello,

I just did a fresh install on a Toshiba Satellite 775D using an AMD 64-bit processor with integrated HD 6520G graphics.

About every other time I boot the laptop, the keyboard and trackpad are unresponsive. Sometime when the charging cable gets plugged in the two will stop responding. If I shut the screen to force it into standby and reopen, the two will sometimes start working again. Drivers have been updated via terminal and the laptop seems to function fine.

Potentially unrelated issue, when I opened up the screen, I saw some errors flash by even though it operated fine. I wasn't able to catch all of the text but I did see some mention of AMD Radeon and a DisplayPort Link error even though the only connected display is the laptop's own screen.

A little bit of a newbie here so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Nate

Pheeble
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Keyboard Issues Satellite 775D LM Cinn (64-bit)

Post by Pheeble »

I can't explain the keyboard/trackpad issue, but to see what the messages were run 'dmesg' in a terminal.

(For what it's worth, I run Linux Mint 19.3 XFCE on a many-years-old Toshiba Satellite P750, and it works without a problem using either the integrated graphics or the Nvidia gpu that the system came with.)

Return to “Hardware Support”