I have been using Mint 18.1 Cinnamon on a Lenovo Yoga laptop with everything working fine for a couple of years or more and then today, it appears all out of the blue, that the keyboard and touchpad have stopped working. The other prominent symptoms are that:
- the capslock button light is on all the time
- some of the function keys still work such as screen-off/on, flight mode, screen brightness, but not audio volume
I normally use the laptop with a logitech USB keyboard mouse and a) these still work perfectly b) the built-in keyboard and mouse don't work regardless of whether the USB set are connected or not.
Things I have tried with no change in symptoms:
- disable/re-enable touchpad through system settings
- disable/re-enable keyboard through a xinput disable enable script
- update everything pending through the update manager
- turned it upside down and shaken it to see if any scraps of dust or food work loose
What is the logical sequence of things I can try to diagnose the problem and ultimately fix it?
Extract from Inxi -F:
Code: Select all
System: Host: Lenovo-Yoga-300-11IBR Kernel: 4.4.0-185-generic x86_64 (64 bit) Desktop: Cinnamon 3.2.7 Distro: Linux Mint 18.1 Serena