Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
Skalman
Level 2
Level 2

Wacom Intuos3 and drivers

Post by Skalman »

Hi Folks!
I just plugged in the Wacom Tablet (and Pen and Mouse) to the Linux Mint 19.2 Mate 1.22.0 and to my surprise it worked instantly.
:D
So...? Well, there is no "program" there so I can not change the properties/settings for the pen.
I think some things must be installed. Some driver or program to controll the settings.
But what and how and from where?
Someone more familiary to this than me, please help me and tell me. (And others...)
Thank You
Greetings from a now dark but still warm Sweden.
SMG
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Wacom Intuos3 and drivers

Post by SMG »

Cinnamon has a "Graphics Tablet" app where one can make adjustments to the pen and tablet.

The Linux Wacom Project has links to what is available. I was searching there to help someone with a touchscreen (which had Wacom drivers), so I know there is a lot of information there. However, I found the drivers and X Server files already installed on my Mint Cinnamon. Since the pen and tablet are working for you, I would think they are installed on MATE as well. However, I do not know if the app is just Cinnamon or there is one for MATE or XFCE.

There is a command line option xsetwacom(1) - Linux man page if MATE does not have an app.
LM20.0 Cinnamon
Skalman
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Wacom Intuos3 and drivers

Post by Skalman »

Tahnk You SMG.
Checked out some things and the result is, it is not possible to change the distance when the pen-tip starts acting, how close to the usrface I hold it. Now it is 4 mm, I want to decrease it to 1 mm but that is not possible.
Thanks everyone, now I have to get used to it.

Return to “Hardware Support”