[SOLVED] SB Audigy Fx sometimes has no sound when the computer starts up

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
diabolicbg
Level 6
Level 6

Re: SB Audigy Fx sometimes has no sound when the computer starts up

Post by diabolicbg »

Yesterday I found the time and reinstalled LM 20.2 clean. At the moment there are no manifestations of the problem, but I will wait at least 15 days and correct the topic of [Solved].
- You see, in this world there are two kinds of people, my friend, those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. - "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly"

Behind every faulty computer there is a user who did nothing...
diabolicbg
Level 6
Level 6

Post by diabolicbg »

Damn it! :x
Despite the clean installation of Linux, today the problem started again. Until now it worked without entering the settings from the previous posts, but today I entered them and will continue to monitor.

Code: Select all

curl https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/pulseaudio/pulseaudio/raw/master/src/utils/pa-info?inline=false | bash | nc termbin.com 9999
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
100  2093  100  2093    0     0   4254      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--  4254
https://termbin.com/i7rz

Code: Select all

USER        PID ACCESS COMMAND
/dev/snd/controlC0:  ivo        1204 F.... pulseaudio
/dev/snd/controlC1:  ivo        1204 F.... pulseaudio
- You see, in this world there are two kinds of people, my friend, those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. - "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly"

diabolicbg
Level 6
Level 6

Post by diabolicbg »

After entering the required card profile and auto-start script after a delay, the problem no longer occurs for 10 days. I believe that his last manifestation was an accidental accident.

Thanks MrEen!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all! :D

diabolicbg
Level 6
Level 6

Re: [SOLVED] SB Audigy Fx sometimes has no sound when the computer starts up

Post by diabolicbg »

Damn me! The sound disappeared again - 3-4 times in recent days under strange circumstances. For example, when I try to open a Youtube video uploaded to Facebook ... But I don't think anyone will be able to help me. I guess the reason lies in the built-in sound card, which is partially damaged / works only with the system speaker /. I couldn't do anything but turn it off through the BIOS, but Linux still detects it and sometimes gets confused. :?

Return to “Hardware Support”