[SOLVED] Huion Kamvas GT-190 cursor on wrong screen

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
SmokeRings
Level 1
Level 1

[SOLVED] Huion Kamvas GT-190 cursor on wrong screen

Post by SmokeRings »

I have dual boot with Mint Cinnamon version 4.8.6 and Windows 10. I was excited to see my drawing monitor works almost perfectly in Mint just plugging it in - it has pen pressure and everything. I have 2 monitors and the pen monitor works perfectly when it's the only one plugged in, but when I have both monitors plugged in, the cursor goes to the wrong screen.

It still does it even if I make the pen monitor the main display. I could not find any display settings or settings in the Nvidia control panel that fixed that either. It happened in Windows 10 but I was able to fix it with the official driver, and there are none for Linux. Any ideas on this one? It's not a huge deal since I can still use Windows to draw, but it would be nice to have one less thing to go back to, and to see if I can get myself comfortable using Krita and not Photoshop.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
SmokeRings
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Huion Kamvas GT-190 cursor on wrong screen

Post by SmokeRings »

I was able to solve this one out with the instructions here:
https://askubuntu.com/questions/51445/h ... tor-system

Here is the command that worked for me. Now the pen cursor stays only on the correct monitor.
xinput map-to-output 22 HDMI-0

Return to “Hardware Support”