xinput list showing wrong devices

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
[Martin]

xinput list showing wrong devices

Post by [Martin] »

Hello,

I wanted to change my mouse sensitivity but it wasn't doing anything, so i searched a bit on internet and i saw that it could be done via xinput. But when i write
xinput -list in the terminal i think it's showing wrong informations :

As you can see, in core pointer there is also my keyboard and in core keyboard there are also my mouse and my headset. Moreover on the 6th lines the keyboard is set to mouse id=10. Could it be due to that i can't change mouse sensitivity?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Re: xinput list showing wrong devices

Post by SMG »

Welcome to the forum, Martin.

The graphic you posted seems like it is showing correct information because all the id numbers are different.

Can you please provide a link to the information you found online about changing the mouse sensitivity.

I have the Cinnamon desktop of Mint. When I open the Mouse and Touchpad app, I see an option for Custom Sensitivity in the middle Pointer Size and Speed section. I can enable that option and change the sensitivity from low to high.

You might not have Cinnamon or that functionality might not work with your specialized gaming mouse, so let us know more information about what Mint version you have and what information you found online.
A woman typing on a laptop with LM20.3 Cinnamon.
[Martin]

Post by [Martin] »

Hey,

Thank you a lot for your reply, i tested changing mouse speed from the the linux mint app, but it wasnt doing anything. I'm on Linux Mint 20.1 Cinnamon, the version of Ciannamon is the 4.8.6, and 5.4.0-70-generic for the linux kernel.

I saw this on this link : https://unix.stackexchange.com/question ... ux-mint-18.

Is it possible that Linux did not detect well my peripherals?
SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Post by SMG »

What is the output of lsusb?
Please click </> from the mini toolbar above the textbox where you type your reply and then place your cursor between the code markers and paste the results of the command between the code markers [code]Results[/code]. It is easier to read the code when you do that instead of taking a photograph.

The link you provided only changes the code for that one session because ID numbers can change with each boot. I think the photo you posted has many options for Logitech because you have a very high-tech mouse that has a lot more functions than a regular mouse has.
A woman typing on a laptop with LM20.3 Cinnamon.
rene
Level 20
Level 20

Post by rene »

Maybe also note viewtopic.php?f=49&t=282748 (you need to reboot or at least restart X after creating that file)

Return to “Hardware Support”