[SOLVED] Boot into desktop

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Peter Linu
Level 7
Level 7

[SOLVED] Boot into desktop

Post by Peter Linu »

Hiyall,
while playing with 'cpufreq' software, it changed my boot-up to revert to the first password controlled screen (purple).
What code do I need to bypass this and boot straight into desktop?

Incidentally, re-applying paste to the cpu chip was about as effective as I need. It now idles at ~48deg.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Cinnamon 21.3 Thinkcentre M920q + 2 Thinkpad T440p (modded) + Lenovo Y50-70 (all have VBs) + 2 PC NAS drives w XFCE21.2 + Q4OS-32bit on ASUS Atom (2011) + Asus UX305F-64bit+ 10yo Lenovo NAS for backup
rossdv8
Level 7
Level 7
Location: Within 2,000 kilometres of Alice Springs, Australia

Re: Boot into desktop

Post by rossdv8 »

Hi Peter,

This question has been unanswered for a couple of days, so even though I use Xfce rather than Cinnamon, the procedure should be similar.

Try going to Settings > Session and Startup (that's where it is in Xfce - Cinnamon should have something like that in Settings).

IN the General tab, look for something like 'Session Chooser' or [x] 'Display Chooser at Login' or something like that.

Get rid of the x in the box [ ] and close the window - then reboot and see if that boots straight to the Desktop.

If it is not exctly the same in Cinnamon, it should read very similarly :)
Current main OS: MInt 21.3 with KDE Plasma 5.27 (using Compiz as WM) - Kernel: 6.5.0-15 on Lenovo m900 Tiny, i5-6400T (intel HD 530 graphics) 16GB RAM.
Sharks usually only attack you if you are wet

Return to “Hardware Support”