Bluetooth not connecting to headphones

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Gnyav
Level 1
Level 1

Bluetooth not connecting to headphones

Post by Gnyav »

Not sure if i should write here or in the software section, but from recently i can't connect my wireless headphones to the laptop. I have two different kinds - earbuds and over-the-ear headphones, a couple of days ago both worked fine and could connect. (and of course they are in pairing mode) i can still connect my 8bitdo controller though.

Im using 64bit, 20.1 Cinnamon

When i open the GUI and try to switch the connect toggle, it flashes to on and return to off immediately. i tried connecting with terminal:

Code: Select all

~$ bt-device -l
Added devices:
T12 (00:00:AB:CD:70:02)
51-A1-89-B4-50-FF (51:A1:89:B4:50:FF)
SHIELD (54:D5:8E:DC:24:09)
SHIELD (00:04:4B:39:A6:37)
8Bitdo NES30 Pro (69:01:33:3C:67:02)

~$ bt-device -c 00:00:AB:CD:70:02
Connecting to: 00:00:AB:CD:70:02
Done

~$ bt-device -c 00:00:AB:CD:70:02
Connecting to: 00:00:AB:CD:70:02
Error: GDBus.Error:org.bluez.Error.AlreadyExists: Already Exists
after the first try the same happened, it's connected, but it disconnected immediately, when i tried the same again it showed the error from the second command

Any idea what is happening? i guess a reinstall of the bluetooth drivers could resolve the issue, but i see in synaptic a lot of packages and i'm afraid i will brake it even more if i do something stupid.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Tropical
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Bluetooth not connecting to headphones

Post by Tropical »

I recently had a problem with a BT speaker that would not connect despite been "seen" by the computer for a couple seconds.
Found out that the speaker had 8 memory slots, and they had already been assigned to other computers/phones, so I could not pair the device to a new computer.
Solved by holding one of the speakers buttons, in order to reset the history of connected devices.
User details:
non-native English speaker

System details:
Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon
Kernel 5.11.0-36-generic

Return to “Hardware Support”