Mint Compatible Webcams

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
evilweeble
Level 1
Level 1

Mint Compatible Webcams

Post by evilweeble »

Hey, everybody. Can anyone suggest a reasonably priced webcam compatible with Linux? I've spent hours looking for one but there's very slim pickin out there. Any of you folks have a good experience with one? Thanks In Advance, evilweeble
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Bolle1961
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Mint Compatible Webcams

Post by Bolle1961 »

Do you have an Android phone? Try Iriun or DroidCam, don't know if they work on iphone
http://iriun.com/
https://www.dev47apps.com/
wallyUSA
Level 6
Level 6

Post by wallyUSA »

evilweeble wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:38 pm Hey, everybody. Can anyone suggest a reasonably priced webcam compatible with Linux? I've spent hours looking for one but there's very slim pickin out there. Any of you folks have a good experience with one? Thanks In Advance, evilweeble
I use Logitech C270. Found new one on eBay $10 less than retail. Still working after 10 months, no issues!
> If your query has been resolved, edit your original post and add <SOLVED> to the beginning of the subject line. This may help others find solutions. <

Dell Latitude 7490 Mint 21.3 Ker 5.15.0-105 Cinn 6.0.4
evilweeble
Level 1
Level 1

Post by evilweeble »

Thanks! That's weird. I've looked at numerous Logitech cams and none indicated they were compatible with Linux. And some I've seen said they needed additional drivers installed by Steam or Sweat or something like that. I want to avoid that.
wallyUSA
Level 6
Level 6

Post by wallyUSA »

evilweeble wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:20 am Thanks! That's weird. I've looked at numerous Logitech cams and none indicated they were compatible with Linux. And some I've seen said they needed additional drivers installed by Steam or Sweat or something like that. I want to avoid that.
This was quick and easy for me, like 'plug n play' :!:

You could ask Logitech if there is any question in your mind.
> If your query has been resolved, edit your original post and add <SOLVED> to the beginning of the subject line. This may help others find solutions. <

Dell Latitude 7490 Mint 21.3 Ker 5.15.0-105 Cinn 6.0.4
mikeflan
Level 17
Level 17

Post by mikeflan »

I suggest an Aluratek 4K. It is $130, which may be higher than you want to spend, but it works good. Doesn't even come with any disk or anything. Just plug it in.

Return to “Hardware Support”