Problem Using USB headset with Skype on a Desktop

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Alvin
Level 5
Level 5

Problem Using USB headset with Skype on a Desktop

Post by Alvin »

My desktop speakers conned by means of a 3.5mm plug to a rear panel jack of my Inspiron PC. I would like to connect a USB headset to a front panel port of the PC. The difficulty is when I have the USB headset connected to the front panel, the audio signal to the rear panel is muted. Were I to receive a Skype telephone call, I would hear the ring tone in my headset, but it would be muted at the speakers. Away from my PC and the headset, I would have no way of knowing about the incoming call.

I could pull the plug of my headset when I leave the PC or wish to use the speakers, but then if a call came in I would hear the ring tone from my speakers, but I would not be able to answer the call. To reconnect fully the headset to the PC port, it is necessary to quit Skype and then sign in again. Of course, I could accept that burden, but the greater problem lies in the fact that when the speakers are in use, my telephone is disconnected. Is there any way of having the best of both, speakers and, at the same time connection to Skype with my USB headset?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Hardware Support”