Linux Compatible Graphics Tablet?

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
TheOmniad-2020
Level 2
Level 2

Linux Compatible Graphics Tablet?

Post by TheOmniad-2020 »

Does anyone here use a graphics tablet for drawing? I'm looking for something to use with Krita. Systems would be Debian 10 Stable and Linux Mint 20. My budget is under $100.00. If it's a good product, I'm willing to use something older that's been refurbished or is new/old stock. All that matters is that it works. I'll mostly be using my Linux Mint Lenovo laptop, I wouldn't mind installing a lighter Ubuntu flavor (Lubuntu, Xubuntu) if I have to.

Anyway, if you know of a combination that works, I'd appreciate the help!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
absque fenestris
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Linux Compatible Graphics Tablet?

Post by absque fenestris »

The most practical desktops for a graphics tablet are Cinnamon and KDE - both with preference programs in the system settings.
Older and old Wacoms of all sizes are recognized without problems: Pressure point, adaptation to one or more monitors and assignment of the pen keys.
The younger tablets with several / many additional keys on the side are problematic.
Huion etc. should work, with the same restrictions as the new ones from Wacom - there are Linux programs for it.
TheOmniad-2020
Level 2
Level 2

Post by TheOmniad-2020 »

Thank you! I'll check them both out!
absque fenestris
Level 12
Level 12

Post by absque fenestris »

With Wacom, you can definitely go for an older used professional model - should be within your budget.
I have never used Huion, accordingly do not know how they age.

Avoid Bluetooth. I made not exactly glorious experiences with 2 Bluetooth mice. Don't know why tablets should be more reliable.
AndyMH
Level 21
Level 21

Post by AndyMH »

I have one of these (bought 2019):
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00 ... UTF8&psc=1
to get it to work I had to install drivers that I found on github.

I also have a smaller (cheaper) Huion tablet, unfortunately can't remember model, that worked 'out of the box'. If really needed I could dig it out and have a look.
Thinkcentre M720Q - LM21.3 cinnamon, 4 x T430 - LM21.3 cinnamon, Homebrew desktop i5-8400+GTX1080 Cinnamon 19.0
TheOmniad-2020
Level 2
Level 2

Post by TheOmniad-2020 »

AndyMH wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:30 pm I have one of these (bought 2019):
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00 ... UTF8&psc=1
to get it to work I had to install drivers that I found on github.

I also have a smaller (cheaper) Huion tablet, unfortunately can't remember model, that worked 'out of the box'. If really needed I could dig it out and have a look.
I just ordered a slightly older Wacom, if it doesn't work out I'll post here, and if you feel like digging it out, much appreciated. Thanks!

Return to “Hardware Support”