USB-sticks random re-mount

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Mikael
Level 1
Level 1

USB-sticks random re-mount

Post by Mikael »

I got an MintBox Mini 2 Pro with 20.2 Cinnamon.
About once a day a USB-stick is un-mounted and then mounted again. I suppose that anyway. I notice it by Nemo starts and shows the content on the stick.
Sometime I see this when waking up from screensaver, sometimes when working/browsing and so.
The stick is placed in a USB-hub and the hub is connected to one USB3-port.
Another USB-stick in a another port in hub as well as the first USB-stick placed directly to the other USB3-port gives same issue.
Or issue - it is by now just annoying. I use the stick just as a external drive for screenshots and other temporary files.
There have been several kernel updates since this started. I really don't know when this happens first. The first time I think just connection issue or bad/poor/old USB-stick.

I got some "history" to tell but to not mislead by this, I'm awaiting to tell until someone got an theory about my problem.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Linux Mint 21.1 Vera Cinnamon @Mintbox Mini 2 Pro
Moonstone Man
Level 16
Level 16

Re: USB-sticks random re-mount

Post by Moonstone Man »

Mikael wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:24 am I got some "history" to tell but to not mislead by this, I'm awaiting to tell until someone got an theory about my problem.
We don't need history.

The problem is likely to be the hub. Isolate it from the problem by plugging your flash drives directly into the machine. If the problem persists then we have something to talk about.
Mikael
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Mikael »

as well as the first USB-stick placed directly to the other USB3-port gives same issue.
Larry78723
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Larry78723 »

As Kadaitcha Man correctly said, unplug the hub, then plug a USB in and see if the problem still exists. We have to eliminate the hub as part of the problem.
If you have found the solution to your initial post, please open your original post, click on the pencil, and add (Solved) to the Subject, it helps other users looking for help, and keeps the forum clean.
Mikael
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Mikael »

Yes, the problem still exist, just now.
SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Post by SMG »

Moderator note: robertPaulson's topic can now be found here USB-sticks random re-mount (affects connected display) because forum rules indicate to create new topics for new issues (this topic is more than a year old and is different hardware).
A woman typing on a laptop with LM20.3 Cinnamon.

Return to “Hardware Support”