Logitech Keyboard and Mouse Not working properly

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Chaaly
Level 1
Level 1

Logitech Keyboard and Mouse Not working properly

Post by Chaaly »

Hello guys ,

I am new to Linux currently I am using <Linux mint 20.1 Cinnamon>.

The problem is that suddenly the keyboard freeze and sometimes the mouse as well , to make them work again I have to move the devices closer to the Desktop in another meaning I have to move them closer to the USB the "Transmitter" to make them work again. so the wireless device must stay near the desktop to keep working properly.
I tried to change the batteries for both devices as well as i have changed the USB port I used the front and the back ports to make sure that the problem is not related to the motherboard for build-in USB Ports and I tried the same devices(keyboard and mouse) on another machine(Windows/Laptop) note that it worked properly.

Any advice please, thank in advance.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
revmacian
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Logitech Keyboard and Mouse Not working properly

Post by revmacian »

Bluetooth has a limited range, and that range diminishes if the signal is having to go through metal. I had my Logitech dongles in the USB ports on the back of my computer and kept experiencing keyboard and mouse freezes. So, I moved the dongles to the front of the machine and have never seen another freeze. What I ended up doing was buying a USB cord (about a meter long) with a male USB on one end and a female USB on the other. Then I plugged a single logitech unifying receiver into it and had it use both my keyboard and mouse (logitech unifying adapter). The USB cable is now plugged into the back of my computer and lays across my desk near my monitor so the unifying receiver is closer to my keyboard and mouse. You can find male usb to female usb cords on Amazon for cheap.
Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you'll feed him for a lifetime.
US Navy, NEC HM8404
Chaaly
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Logitech Keyboard and Mouse Not working properly

Post by Chaaly »

I will try it , thanks for your quick support

Return to “Hardware Support”