Prerequisites , Procedures and Compatibliity check to Install Linux Mint on a HP Pavilion g6-2103tu Notebook laptop

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
virlinuxmint
Level 1
Level 1

Prerequisites , Procedures and Compatibliity check to Install Linux Mint on a HP Pavilion g6-2103tu Notebook laptop

Post by virlinuxmint »

Dear All,

I have a HP Pavilion g6-2103tu Notebook running Windows 7. Now I wish to install Linux mint on it . Please find the Product specifications below :

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03315950

Questions:

1. What are the prerequisites to install Linux Mint on a HP Pavilion g6-2103tu Notebook ?

2. What are the steps to install Linux Mint on this HP notebook?

3. Which version of Linux mint is fully supported with the HP product specifications provided?

4. Please do let me know if there are any known compatibility issues.

5. Kindly do include any known best practices for this.

Thanks for all your help .

Kind Regards,
Vir
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Re: Prerequisites , Procedures and Compatibliity check to Install Linux Mint on a HP Pavilion g6-2103tu Notebook laptop

Post by Moem »

Hello and welcome! This is how to get all your questions answered:

- Read and follow the installation guide that is provided here: https://linuxmint-installation-guide.re ... en/latest/
- Make a bootable medium (DVD or USB stick) according to the hints in that guide, boot your machine from it and see whether everything works. That is the best way to check for compatibility.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
virlinuxmint
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Prerequisites , Procedures and Compatibliity check to Install Linux Mint on a HP Pavilion g6-2103tu Notebook laptop

Post by virlinuxmint »

Thanks Moem for your reply. I did check that document and all other documents.

However, I was looking for the learning's of other users using a HP Pavilion g6-2103tu Notebook laptop with Linux Mint. I'm positive that there are many users on this forum with the same notebook using Linux Mint. I am trying to avoid any information I may miss out .

Thanks once again.
~Vir
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

virlinuxmint wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:36 am I'm positive that there are many users on this forum with the same notebook using Linux Mint.
If there are, I'm sure they will show up. :)

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!

Return to “Hardware Support”