**solved ** x570 taichi-Upon power on, seconds later =system autoturns off, then back on

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
motoryzen
Level 10
Level 10

**solved ** x570 taichi-Upon power on, seconds later =system autoturns off, then back on

Post by motoryzen »

Here is a helpful tip to resolve a power on, then auto powers off, then back on odd problem I've been dealing with for months until I stumbled upon this post ...

https://linustechtips.com/topic/1300655 ... t-14442154 by a user named Pred April 9th 2021

** I don't know if this problem and solution are applicable to all AM4 x570 motherboards regardless of Brand, but I confirmed it is applicable to my Asrock x570 Taichi motherboard which had bios 4.10 before 7 pm central 6-21-21 when I updated to bios 4.3 and finally saw a particular setting adjustment option to fix the problem **

Problem : It didn't matter if the PSU ( Seasonic tx-850 Titanium rated) had it's rear breaker switch in the closed ( power on/ready) position or if it was in the Open circuit position ( pc won't power on regardless as a closed circuit is needed to get point to the system components)...for at least 30 seconds long enough for the Power and Reset buttons right on the motherboard's lights to go out, then flip the switch back to the closed ( aka power on/ready) position and then power on the PC..... = The system would power on normally at first for around 5 to 7 seconds then auto shut down....then within 3 seconds auto power back on and it ends up booting normally to whatever operating system I was booting from

Solution: Update my mobo's bios to 4.3, go back into the uefi/bios settings, Select " Advanced" tab/button up top. Finally the setting called
ForceM2_3 to support NVME SSD
Ensure or turn it to " Disabled "

Now regardless...the system just powers on correctly ..a single time as it should.

***** >>>> Note..... I do NOT have an m.2 ssd populating any of those m.2 ssd spots on my motherboard. I boot from an older pci express gen 3 intel 800 GB ssd plugged into the 2nd or 3rd pci express slot ( I'm too lazy to remove the top of my cooler master haf xb big pc case xD to confirm right now )

Thus for those running the same mobo as me trying to boto from a m.2 ssd in either of the two available m.2 ssd slots and it won't recognize the device, you might have to leave this setting " Enabled " depending on the individual ssd and/or mobo bios version. Check Asrock.com's support site for better details or updates about this.

Cheers.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Mint 21.2 Cinnamon 5.8.4
asrock x570 taichi ...bios p5.00
ryzen 5900x
128GB Kingston Fury @ 3600mhz
Corsair mp600 pro xt NVME ssd 4TB
three 4TB ssds
dual 1TB ssds
Two 16TB Toshiba hdd's
24GB amd 7900xtx vid card
Viewsonic Elite UHD 32" 144hz monitor

Return to “Hardware Support”