duplicate ethernet names

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jboy
Level 1
Level 1

duplicate ethernet names

Post by jboy »

Hello
Can anyone tell me how I can remove the (11) from the ethernet connection (modem connected via usb).
I was playing around with a modem and kept plugging in and unplugging it to test the usb port but did not relise it was adding it as a ethernet/usb connection.

I want to remove the (11) so basically it just shows as the first one and not (11)'th connection
connections.png
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
jboy
Level 1
Level 1

Re: duplicate ethernet names

Post by jboy »

hmmm
this maybe a driver type and the (11) is not multiple connections
https://linux-hardware.org/?id=pci:8086-0d4c-1028-09c3

also, while I was playing around with it trying to work it out I deleted the Network.Manager.state file from /var/lib/networkmanager and when I rebooted a new file of the same name was created so was wondering if by deleting it will cause problems down the track or has the new file created with the same details?

also does it matter if you delete .lease files from that same folder? I deleted a heap of old files and when reconnecting to wifi it created a new one anyway.

Return to “Hardware Support”