<SOLVED> Mouse Speed Too Fast With Mint 20.2

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
vision11
Level 1
Level 1

<SOLVED> Mouse Speed Too Fast With Mint 20.2

Post by vision11 »

I have an Evoluent ergo mouse that worked fine with Mint 17 when I executed this line:

xinput --set-prop "Kingsis Peripherals Evoluent VerticalMouse 3 " "Device Accel Constant Deceleration" 8

also, libinput doesn't list any accel commands for this mouse.

But this xinput line gets an error in 20.2:

property 'Device Accel Constant Deceleration' doesn't exist, you need to specify its type and format

So I went to the Mouse and Touchpad settings, enabled Custom Sensitivity and Acceleration, and moved the control bars - no effect on mouse speed.

Any suggestions on how to slow down this mouse pointer? It's an optical mouse that works fine when I dual-boot into Windows 10, so hardware is good.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rene
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Mouse Speed Too Fast With Mint 20.2

Post by rene »

Please see viewtopic.php?p=1666453#p1666453.

The MatchProduct value will in your case supposedly need to be "Kingsis Peripherals Evoluent VerticalMouse 3"; the string as displayed by xinput --list.
vision11
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Mouse Speed Too Fast With Mint 20.2

Post by vision11 »

I ran the "xinput --list" command you mentioned, and the core pointer area had a lot of devices in it, so I unplugged the other mouse I had plugged in to try to get around the original problem, and now the Mouse and Touchpad custom acceleration slider works to slow down the mouse cursor. Not sure why adding then removing another mouse helped, but I'm happy that the VerticalMouse is usable again. Thanks!

Return to “Hardware Support”