MX Anywhere 3 Logictech mouse odd behaviour with side buttons

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Holo74
Level 1
Level 1

MX Anywhere 3 Logictech mouse odd behaviour with side buttons

Post by Holo74 »

I'm currently using the Logictech MX Anywhere 3 mouse. I have connected it using the bluetooth option to my linux Laptop. I'm noticing that the mouse's side buttons only function on release. Both of them only do something when the mouse side button release. I've confirm using xev that when the buttons are pressed in real life that they are not pressed in the xev window. I'm not entirely sure what to do about this or how to proceed.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Re: MX Anywhere 3 Logictech mouse odd behaviour with side buttons

Post by SMG »

Holo74 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:59 pmI'm currently using the Logictech MX Anywhere 3 mouse.
I found this MX Master 3 Linux Support thread on the Logitech community support site and I see in the responses someone mentions using GitHub: logiops to get better functionality out of the mouse since it does not have full operational function in Linux (like it does for Windows and MacOS).

I also see Solaar mentioned for customizing mouse functions.

Maybe one of those might help in getting the side mouse buttons to function properly.
A woman typing on a laptop with LM20.3 Cinnamon.

Return to “Hardware Support”