Yubikey Reinsertion Issue

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
win2mint

Yubikey Reinsertion Issue

Post by win2mint »

Linked below is my post/guide on how to fix the majority of Yubikey issues I was having upon my inaugural Linux Mint installations (Deb and UMA).
viewtopic.php?f=250&t=358944
Yet I have one remaining issue that is only alleviated by consistently reinserting the key. My key is fully functional, has power and stationed/inserted via a usb hub. Each of my backup keys exhibit the same problems with the hub as well as when inserted straight into the PC through either USB C/3.0/2.0 ports. With or without many types of adapters. All of which, for what it's worth, worked fine with windows.

For Example, with keepassxc:
When needing to enter a static password or have the key recognized for a challenge response I have to reinsert the key physically. When reinserting the key for challenge response, it is always recognized immediately after reinsertion. Still, I have to then again reinsert for the password field as long press will not produce the static password without reinserting. This issue was occurring before the introduction/installation of the steps within the post/guides linked above.

This happens much less, but still occasionally on system based password prompts as well. It would be nice to not have to take out and reinsert the key this often or at all. As stated above, this happens with multiple keys and is not a faulty key. Were talking reinserting the key at least 10-15 times a day. Not the end of the world, but still not functioning as intended.

Could someone help guide me towards the fix for this or narrow down the issue? I've scoured the internet and can't seem to find anything. I suck at keywords maybe? Any help would be appreciated.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Hardware Support”