Webcam color balance & contrast adjustments that "stick" for Zoom?

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
AMRoberts
Level 1
Level 1

Webcam color balance & contrast adjustments that "stick" for Zoom?

Post by AMRoberts »

Have a USB-attached webcam (from early pandemic times when buying a Logitech was impossible) that identifies in lsusb as:

Code: Select all

Bus 003 Device 003: ID 05a3:9331 ARC International Camera
I've just moved it to my Mint 20.2 system, and Zoom listed it as a camera and allowed me to select without any trouble. The device seems to be in auto color balance mode, and it is too twitchy, shifting balance with on-camera movement (changing the ratio of foreground/background shades in frame). I'd also prefer to adjust for somewhat less contrast. The Zoom client isn't offering me any controls like this within the UI.

Can anyone recommend a camera settings/control application or methodology where they've had good success getting settings to persist? Something with a GUI is obviously easier for a newbie like me to experiment with, but I wouldn't turn away from hunting down and editing configuration files (if I only knew where to find them :-)

Thanks for any advice,
Alan Roberts
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Hardware Support”