Odyssey Plus becomes primary monitor

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Gladman
Level 1
Level 1

Odyssey Plus becomes primary monitor

Post by Gladman »

Hello all,

New to Linus. I've installed the latest version of Mint. All is well except that when I plug in my VR headset it becomes my primary monitor and I have 0 DOF (when I move my head it remains looking forward), and the image is blurred.

Once Mint installed I updated the video driver to the recommended. Installed a 2D game and it works flawlessly.

If I unplug the HDMI connectord from the headset Mint does revert back to the monitor and works fine. I've attempted plugging in while Mint is up and running as well as turning the system off, plugging it in and then booting the system.

Any ideas?

Thank you for your time
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Odyssey Plus becomes primary monitor

Post by SMG »

Gladman wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:17 pmNew to Linus. I've installed the latest version of Mint.
Welcome to the forum, Gladman.

Please give us information about your install by entering this command in a terminal: inxi -Fxxxrz
Click </> from the mini toolbar above the textbox where you type your reply and then place your cursor between the code markers and paste the results of the command between the code markers [code]Results[/code]. This will let us know how Mint sees your hardware.

Please run it without the VR headset attached. Also let us know how the VR headset is attached the computer. What type of connection is it?
A woman typing on a laptop with LM20.3 Cinnamon.

Return to “Hardware Support”