Bluetooth Keyboard with Touch Pad, No Dongle Required

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
tanker001
Level 1
Level 1

Bluetooth Keyboard with Touch Pad, No Dongle Required

Post by tanker001 »

Hi all. I guess I was lucky enough to get one of those Mint Box Mini (MBM2) computers before they went out of stock. I see a new fitlet3 is on the way. :o I got bit by the chip shortage but it arrived a couple months before they projected. So far, I love it. :D It's running 20.2 cinnamon and it's silent as a wall-wart (AC adapter) :D

I'm looking for a Bluetooth keyboard that has a touch pad mouse. I'm using the MBM2 with my Samsung 55-inch 4k TV. This way I can control it from my Lay-z-boy :wink: (recliner).

I've been searching off and on for about a month for a keyboard that doesn’t use a dongle and will work with Linux. Those familiar with the unit know that it has only 4 USB ports (2 - 2.0 & 2 - 3.0) and I hate to occupy a port when the unit has Bluetooth built-in.

Can anyone out there recommend a keyboard that has a touch pad mouse built-in and will work with the MBM2's built in Bluetooth? Without using a dongle.

I have NO problems connecting the MBM2 to my TV's Samsung sound bar via Bluetooth.

I'm surprised how many keyboards out there (Amazon and Newegg) come with a dongle. Are there still devices out there that still come without Bluetooth??? Isn't it kind of like trying to find a cell phone without a camera??? :)

I've tried going through the reviews on sites but there always a mixed bag of it will work/won't work. I thought I would come here to get it from the Linux Mint experts. :wink: A search here quickly got to posts that were over a couple years old. Hope to get something that will work first time. Returning stuff can be a pain.

Thanks for reading and in advance for suggestions. Really not familiar with a lot of stuff anymore. This old dog is finding it hard to keep up with the pack. :lol:
Stan
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Hardware Support”