Imac 2011 linux mint install Failed to set MoklistRT: Issue

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Crossfire757
Level 1
Level 1

Imac 2011 linux mint install Failed to set MoklistRT: Issue

Post by Crossfire757 »

Greetings!

I have an imac 2011 that was gifted to me. It is obsolete. I proceeded to install linux mint Cinnamon (64 bit) on it. Using a thumb drive. I felt no real need to keep the OS (10.6.8) as everything was pretty much obsolete.
I opted to install linux mint on this machine. For a moment, it looked like it worked. I was able to access the OS and navigated through it. I was prompted to restart.

After I restarted, I got this message…

Failed to set MokListRT: Invalid Parameter Could not create MokListRT: Invalid Parameter Importing MOK states has failed: import_mok_state () failed :Invalid Parameter Continuing boot since secure mode is disabled

Shortly after seeing this message, the screen goes black and nothing boots at all.

The system is not letting me type anything at all. It seems like the old OS is now gone as well. (As I have opted for a complete installation of linux mint)

I am wondering if this machine can still be salvaged. I cannot seem to type anything.

As soon as I get the MokListRT error, a few seconds go by and the the system goes black and seems to shut off. I would be most grateful for any kind of assistance to bring this machine back to life.

Thank you very much
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Hardware Support”