(Solved) My 2nd Drive didn't mount at Boot up

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
budulater
Level 1
Level 1

(Solved) My 2nd Drive didn't mount at Boot up

Post by budulater »

Recently I installed a second Harddrive on my HP Elite 8300 SFF.There was a Problem with it when i booted up, it wouldn't Mount. I'd have to mount it by going into the disk program and mount it from there.I couldn't mount it from the desktop or even going into computer folder either.I could only mount it in the disk program.I could not figure it out.Finially I went into the Disk Program Clicked on the Drive giving me the headache,once you click on the drive under the partition window on the left side is 3 boxes. One is for mounting/unmounting the drive,the X box is for deleting,the last one is "Blue Box" Click on it,you'll get a drop down list.I clicked on the Mount options list.When I did that I got a grayed out window.At the top I clicked on "User session defaults".At the very bottom of the window is the File System Type. Mine said "AUTO". But my drive was ext4.So I erased the auto,and entered ext4.Rebooted,That did the trick.
I am no way have any real knowledge about this stuff. but I do every once in awhile get Lucky.LOL This is what fixed the mounting problem on my system.It may help someone down the road. Oh and I'm using Mint 19.1. Sorry
Tony
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Hardware Support”