Touchscreen stops working on Samsung dp515a2g

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dangullz
Level 1
Level 1

Touchscreen stops working on Samsung dp515a2g

Post by dangullz »

I have a Samsung dp515a2g-k03ca running Mint 20.3 (fresh install).
I just dug this machine up out of the closet to give it some use. Trouble is that the touchscreen only works for one touch- then I have to open settings, disable and re-enable touchpad for it to work for another one touch. Or reboot the machine. Not ideal. USB mouse works consistently. But I wanted the touchscreen for work.
I am running kernel 5.4.0-96 generic if that helps. I am not too too familiar with getting into the deeper settings or commands on linux but I'm willing to give it a shot if anything might help.
Any ideas?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Touchscreen stops working on Samsung dp515a2g

Post by SMG »

dangullz wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:29 pm I have a Samsung dp515a2g-k03ca running Mint 20.3 (fresh install).
Welcome to the forum, dangullz.

Please give us information about your install by entering this command in a terminal: inxi -Fxxxrz
Click </> from the mini toolbar above the textbox where you type your reply and then place your cursor between the code markers and paste the results of the command between the code markers [code]Results[/code]. This will let us know how Mint sees your hardware.
A woman typing on a laptop with LM20.3 Cinnamon.

Return to “Hardware Support”