Asus Zenbook 14X OLED Drivers

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
slaserx
Level 1
Level 1

Asus Zenbook 14X OLED Drivers

Post by slaserx »

Hello when i start to install last version of mint on my laptop Asus Zenbook 14X OLED he dont find any of drivers like a network card wifi card or etc... mybe have some solution for that. Thx u
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
HAWR
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Asus Zenbook 14X OLED Drivers

Post by HAWR »

Hello slaserx,

your wifi needs a kernel higher then 5.4, which is the default kernel in Linux Mint Cinnamon 20.3. But there is a "Edge" version, which starts with a 5.13 kernel. Please try it with that version:

https://www.linuxmint.com/edition.php?id=296
slaserx
Level 1
Level 1

Post by slaserx »

yes ii try with Edge but not working
HAWR
Level 9
Level 9

Post by HAWR »

Your laptop is so brand new, so that I can't find it in the Linux Hardware Database (I found Zenbook 13). We have to get some system informations, so I please you to do the following:

Boot the laptop with the Linux Mint Edge live system, open a terminal and run the following command:

Code: Select all

inxi -Fxxxrz
(the F is a capital letter)

Then highlight the result and copy it with mouse right-click menu or with Ctrl+Shift+C. Open the text editor from the menu and paste the result with Ctrl+V. Plugin another USB stick and save the text file to it. Then you can copy & paste the result here from the computer you use to come.
slaserx
Level 1
Level 1

Post by slaserx »

yes i will today and will post btw on last version of Ubuntu all drivers working and etc.. but from 5 year im fan on LinuxMint and all my devices use it.. and want to use on this device to

Return to “Hardware Support”