Samsung Galaxy Book Pro not compatible?

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Darylj95
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Samsung Galaxy Book Pro not compatible?

Post by Darylj95 »

I will do that after I am done reaching out to fibocom and intel for linux drivers. I about gave up hope for drivers till I found that PDF from T-Mobile directly from fibocom, you and I both serched hi and low for thoes drivers so it understandably got me excited for the fact that I wont have to usr windows anymore. For the time being I will run windows in a dual boot config on a 2T drive with 750 GBS in a portion for linux mint my preferred distro of linux. The sound bit of it matters less then my mobile broadband working
Darylj95
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Samsung Galaxy Book Pro not compatible?

Post by Darylj95 »

So I just got off the phone with Intel, drom scrolling through there drivers they are super linux friendly. Everything I have read is the Intel produced the drivers Fibocom made the units and MediaTek help with Certifing the units and the rest of it. Intel told me that they are going to serch for the drivers and email them to me or send me the linux hardware scanner/downloader they have it for windows its a .exe program that looks at ur os and your hardware and the software and updates intel drivers that are out of date. I told them they would be a life saver and gave them all the info they requested so they can find the drivers for me. Once I have the drivers anyone else who needs them will just have to message me and I will email the drivers to them to download. This just got me excited because I want to daily Linux again. Only thing I will be missing is using my tablet as a second monitor wirelessly

Return to “Hardware Support”