No symbols shown on screen when I chang the sound volume and the screen backlight

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
whoomee
Level 1
Level 1

No symbols shown on screen when I chang the sound volume and the screen backlight

Post by whoomee »

I have a Huawei Matebook Pro X with Linux Mint 20.3 Cinnamon and recently did the volume up/down changed behaviour.

Code: Select all

System:    Kernel: 5.13.0-51-generic x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: N/A Desktop: Cinnamon 5.2.7 
           wm: muffin dm: LightDM Distro: Linux Mint 20.3 Una base: Ubuntu 20.04 focal 
Machine:   Type: Laptop System: HUAWEI product: MACH-WX9 v: M12 serial: <filter> 
           Mobo: HUAWEI model: MACH-WX9 v: M12 serial: <filter> UEFI: HUAWEI v: 1.28 
           date: 03/15/2019 
The symbols that were shown before on the screen when the volume up/volume down was pressed are not shown any more. But the sound is still increased/decreased when I press the buttons (F5 and F6).

The keys for changing sound and screen backlight are a littel bit special on the Huawait Matebook Pro X and Matebook 13 (the same on both).
https://github.com/nekr0z/linux-on-huaw ... a47761065d

I had in the past had som problems with the functions for the keys. Sometimes did they not work after reboot and/or just a login. :(
The keys works OK but there is no overlay symbol shown on the screen.

The keys works OK, I can change the volume, but I guess that something is wrong.
Why are the overlay symbols missing, why are they not shown on the screen?
Do you have any idea?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Hardware Support”