wacom and Krita

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
femerithian
Level 1
Level 1

wacom and Krita

Post by femerithian »

hope this is the right area to post this, saw something similar in this area I think...
I have an old Intuos Wacom tablet, and Krita
I have linus mint 20 cinnamon

my problem is that even though I a window I can open to adjust some of the thing for my tablet, I can't adjust it's sensitivity
when I try to draw even if I'm not touching the tablet it still does a thin line which is super annoying

my computer in general has some issues with the mouse I'm not sure are related where the touch pad is finicky
and when I'm using my tablet as a mouse I can't always get it to let things go, or it'll pick up things I don't want it to

this is the program that lets me adjust my tablet options, I've fiddled with it but I can't get it to do what I want
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
iliketrains
Level 4
Level 4

Re: wacom and Krita

Post by iliketrains »

Using the xfce DE I have no GUI for wacom settings and can only offer general comments.
In theory threshold relates to graphics environment, buttons and so on. Can the sensitivity can be set high enough to cause what you describe? Possibly.
In theory pressure curve relates to the pen sensitivity in drawing windows.
In theory because in my experience apps vary in how well they respect settings.
A guess is 'Tip Pressure Feel' sets pressure curve and threshold is (or should be) a reasonable default. That's only a guess.

Discussed in the link below with no definitive resolution
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gimp/-/issues/1317
And an overview
https://linux.die.net/man/1/xsetwacom

The GUI is a limited set of possible settings. How additional settings are applied in Cinnamon is in my blind spot. As to a device setting affecting both mouse and tablets, I'll leave that to the better informed.

edit/ just discovered xsetwacom also allows setting CursorProximity of stylus. That conflicts with the manual I posted. Whether changing this setting is ignored by the software is something I have not yet tested .

Return to “Hardware Support”