Dell G3 3590

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
sailorbear510
Level 1
Level 1

Dell G3 3590

Post by sailorbear510 »

Okay so I'm working on a project this weekend to turn more of my unused Windows laptops into backup laptops for "just in case" I need to use one. The first problem I had was that I booted from the latest version 21 Cinnamon Vanessa Disk and got a good picture but it would not detect the Wifi chip on the motherboard. Then I found an unused TP-Link USB Wireless N adapter I kept as a spare and that was detected just fine. I go online and start the install of the OS to that laptop and it tells me I have Intel RST Enabled.

Is this disabled in the BIOS? I followed the link it gave me in the installer and all I see are pictures of Windows. So since I am not going to use Windows again on that laptop am I right about the disabling?

Sorry if I did not post in the right spot - Still trying to figure this laptop out for a fun weekend project.
Last edited by LockBot on Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Dell G3 3590

Post by 1000 »

viewtopic.php?t=340343&p=1956367
Maybe you can write whether it works or you resigned or solved earlier.

Return to “Hardware Support”