Logitech Wireless Mouse, Scroll Wheel Eratic

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
kc8oye
Level 1
Level 1

Logitech Wireless Mouse, Scroll Wheel Eratic

Post by kc8oye »

I've seen tons and tons of posts on how to adjust scroll distance, and smooth scrolling, but haven't found anything related to my issue :(

when I move the mouse around, everything is find, pointer tracks smooth and accurate.. however, when I use the scroll wheel, it 'jitters' instead of scrolling.. sometimes it will scroll down 2 or 3 times, then suddenly jump up, almost to where I started it again..

I don't believe it's a hardware issue.. never had problems with it when I used it with Win10. i'm thinking maybe a driver, or settings issue?
mouse is a Logitech M185, i'm not sure exactly which unified receiver I have. it was part of a kit with my wireless keyboard (Which also works great) keyboard is a k270. the more i think about it.. I replaced the mouse that used to go with this.. I used it so much it wouldn't glide across the mousepad any more lol.

the output of sudo libinput list-devices: (relevant)

Code: Select all

Device:           Logitech Wireless Mouse
Kernel:           /dev/input/event5
Group:            7
Seat:             seat0, default
Capabilities:     pointer 
Tap-to-click:     n/a
Tap-and-drag:     n/a
Tap drag lock:    n/a
Left-handed:      disabled
Nat.scrolling:    disabled
Middle emulation: disabled
Calibration:      n/a
Scroll methods:   button
Click methods:    none
Disable-w-typing: n/a
Accel profiles:   flat *adaptive
Rotation:         n/a
Last edited by LockBot on Mon May 29, 2023 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Hardware Support”