usb flash drive not found :(

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Termy
Level 12
Level 12

Re: usb flash drive not found :(

Post by Termy »

You'd be surprised how often a full system overview is helpful.

Have you tried different USB ports? Sometimes it's a hardware issue. I sometimes have issues with one of my front USB ports.

Also, while the device is plugged in, please paste the output from lsusb between [code][/code] tags. Do you recognise your device in the list?

Also, also, what is the device exactly? The model string, the brand, etc. Something we can research, in-case there are known issues with it or at least with it in Linux.

Also, also, also, flash drives aren't that robust, so it's common that they simply stop working, especially if they've been heavily written to — in other words, it's quite possibly a hardware fault on the drive's side. I'd go so far as to say it's the mostly likely cause of this problem, short of a problem USB port. Can you test the drive on a different machine?
Last edited by LockBot on Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
I'm also Terminalforlife on GitHub.
linux-rox
Level 10
Level 10

Re: usb flash drive not found :(

Post by linux-rox »

its always in disks! ALWAYS
Oh, I'd say the odds that it's flash drive failure are very high. In addition to trying other ports, try another computer if you can.

Return to “Hardware Support”