ACPI Events randomly disappearing

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
retro486

ACPI Events randomly disappearing

Post by retro486 »

This is a weird one and I can't seem to get it to reliably replicate...

I'm on an HP Pavilion dv4 laptop running Mint 8 Gloria GNOME edition and my power management randomly ignores the AC adapter status. The computer will work fine for a while, then after a few rounds of closing/opening the lid and plugging in and unplugging the AC adapter it suddenly can't detect any more changes in the power source, but other ACPI events such as manually putting the machine to sleep, pressing the power button, and the lid button still work.

The problem never resolves and I end up rebooting to reset it, where it will work for a time then start ignoring the AC status again.

I attached a copy of my gnome-power-bugreport and lspci outputs if they're any help.

Any ideas?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: ACPI Events randomly disappearing

Post by Husse »

Sorry but these random errors are hard to troubleshoot
Your lspci seems normal, but I always turn the alarm on when I see Jmicron but a card reader would have nothing to do with your problem
I am sorry but no ideas here....

Return to “Hardware Support”