Linux Mint + VMPlayer + XP Professional + Palm Desktop

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
deleted

Linux Mint + VMPlayer + XP Professional + Palm Desktop

Post by deleted »

Hi guys...
I have Linux Mint 8 (64 bit) installed where I am running XP Professional (SP 3) as a guest OS inside of VMPlayer 3.0.
I have successfully passed bluetooth into the XP guest, however, I am having problems passing the Palm USB connection into the guest.
VMPlayer is set to automatically mount the USB connection into the guest, XP does recognize the connection, but HotSync does not.
I am using the latest Palm Desktop. I am also using a Palm m515 (am I dating myself?). My goal is to sync my Outlook/Exchange calendar with my Palm.

I can connect using the Gnome Palm tools so the the cradle seems to be good.
Any pointers would be appreciated. Alternative ways of sync-ing my Outlook/Exchange calendar are appreciated, too.
Thanks.

-Hinto
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Linux Mint + VMPlayer + XP Professional + Palm Desktop

Post by Husse »

This is probably a rather stupid question but have you installed whatever drivers are needed in the guest OS (XP)
deleted

Re: Linux Mint + VMPlayer + XP Professional + Palm Desktop

Post by deleted »

I installed all of Palm's stuff (The Palm Desktop, etc)
I also saw XP saying installing Palm drivers the first time I hit the sync button and connected, though HotSync never connected.
-H

Return to “Hardware Support”