[SOLVED] restore driver

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
wildhawk

[SOLVED] restore driver

Post by wildhawk »

I'm running Linux mint 8 and have an ATI Graphics card. I installed the nvidia drivers. I ran into huge problems. How can i revert back to the original driver or ATI Driver? Right now Theres and error stating Nvidia driver failed" "Ubuntu is running in low-graphics mode".

Ive tried uninstalling the nvidia drivers and no luck. one of the prompts tells me to restart the Xserver..... I have no idea what, how, and where to do this.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: restore driver

Post by remoulder »

Why would you install the nvidia driver for an ATI card? How did you un-install?

To start, try deleting your xorg.conf file if you have one, opena terminal and enter

Code: Select all

sudo rm /etc/X11/xorg.conf
Now restart you machine and see what happens.
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
wildhawk

Post by wildhawk »

I saw the nvidia in the software manager. i have used nvidia graphics cards forever and realized after i installed it that i had an ATI card. ill try to delete the xconfig file and tell you how that works for me.
wildhawk

Post by wildhawk »

Worked like a charm, thanks

Return to “Hardware Support”