Could somebody please point me in the direction of...

Questions about hardware,drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
Superewza
Level 4
Level 4
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, England, Europe, Earth, ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Milky Way, Universe, Multiverse

Could somebody please point me in the direction of...

Post by Superewza »

Well i'm looking for some Linux drivers for a few cards.
  • Creative CT 2959 - ISA
  • ATI Rage Pro 3d - AGP
  • Diamond Stealth 64 DRAM - PCI
Thanks. I'm trying to revive an old PII era PC by putting Slitaz on it, having a bit of trouble with sound and graphics hardware support... any one of the two graphics cards would probably be fine, if drivers for one don't exist. Although if they do, which one would be better? Again, thanks :)
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Could somebody please point me in the direction of...

Post by remoulder »

Please don't post support questions for other distros in here, these sections are for mint support only. If you have to ask about other distros use the chat forum. Drivers for these cards should already be built in xserver-xorg-video-all, the ATI uses the mach64 driver I think but specifying ati should be enough, the Diamond needs the S3 driver. If these don't work you can use vesa. The sound card should just work.
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
Superewza
Level 4
Level 4
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, England, Europe, Earth, ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Milky Way, Universe, Multiverse

Re: Could somebody please point me in the direction of...

Post by Superewza »

Okay, sorry for the mix up. Just thought that since it's a pretty generic request that isn't really distro dependant here would be the best place to ask. Thanks.

Return to “Hardware Support”