Apple Magic Mouse and Mac Keyboard driver?

Questions about hardware,drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
ShinyFeather
Level 1
Level 1

Apple Magic Mouse and Mac Keyboard driver?

Post by ShinyFeather »

Just a question. Is there a driver for the Apple Magic Mouse and Mac Keyboard for Linux Mint 9?

(Sorry, I don't know if the keyboard has an specific name, but I'm refering to the keyboard that comes with an iMac).

Thank you in advance!

beefstu
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Apple Magic Mouse and Mac Keyboard driver?

Post by beefstu »

probably not a dedicated one but I think they are both bluetooth so just go to "bluetooth" in the menu and see if you can find and pair them, it should do the rest on its own. You may have to go to keyboard settings to change the layout of the keyboard to match the apple one.
Please go through the steps here when posting a question. Once your question has been resolved, edit the original question post and add [Solved] to the subject. Both of these will help others use the forum effectively.

3fRI
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Apple Magic Mouse and Mac Keyboard driver?

Post by 3fRI »

probably not a dedicated one but I think they are both bluetooth so just go to "bluetooth" in the menu and see if you can find and pair them, it should do the rest on its own. You may have to go to keyboard settings to change the layout of the keyboard to match the apple one.
For some odd reason, both work somewhat with Mint 9, but the scrolling function does not work with the magic mouse. At the same time, neither works at all when I've tried to upgrade my iMac to mint 10. I've tried to pair them a few times, but for some reason bluetooth doesn't recognize either the wireless keyboard or "magic mouse" (Perhaps it's so magic that it's invisible? :lol: ) I've also tried a couple of other fixes, which also have not worked. So far, the only alternative is to use a wired keyboard and mouse. :roll:
System 76 Pangolin: 4x Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3230M CPU @ 2.60GHz, Manjaro 15.12 Capella Xfce/Cinnamon 64-bit
iMac 21.5: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.06 GHz, Mac OS 10.11

[iWhat? Me worry?[/i]

Return to “Hardware Support”