Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
fghtb
Level 1
Level 1

Touchpad

Post by fghtb »

Hello!

I've got a problem with my touchpad... up to mint 9 I was able to scroll with the two-finger-method what was pretty cool. But now with mint 10 this isn't possible anymore :( could this be a driver problem? and please dont tell me I schould move my ass to the control center and change settings in the mouse topic I've already tryed that...

thaks for the help

Roland

P.S. I'm working on a Dell Inspiron 1521 and the amd64 version of mint 10 is working really good exept the scroll problem!

Gramps50
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Touchpad

Post by Gramps50 »

If it were me I would boot with the LM10 32 bit Live/CD and see if I still had the same problem. It's possible that it's a 64 bit issue.
LMDE ROCKS!!!

dawgdoc
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Touchpad

Post by dawgdoc »

To make searching for a solution easier, you need to determine what type of touchpad you have

Code: Select all

xinput list
In THIS post and the post two below it there are links to pages regarding configuring and debugging touchpads. Many of the links are to Ubuntu pages, but they are probably relevant.

The package for the driver that Synaptics, ALPS, and probably some other touchpads use is xserver-xorg-input-synaptics you could check to see if it is installed.

I have a Synaptics touchpad but the driver does not show up in lsmod, doing a broader search, the return is

dawgdoc-lmd@dv6000-laptop-lmd ~ $ lsmod | grep "syna\|tou\|mou"
psmouse                44653  0 
Doing a similar broad search of modprobe to see what kernel modules (drivers) are present returns

modprobe -l | grep "syna\|tou\|mou"
This will give a score or so of returns for touchscreen in addition to relevant returns.

Hope this is able to get you started.
SYSTEMS:
HP 15-bw0017cl -- Mint 19.3 Cinnamon
Compaq Presario CQ62 -- Mint 17 Cinnamon (support for 80 y/o family members 1st install)
READING:
The Secret of the Ninth Planet by Donald A. Wollheim

Return to “Hardware Support”