External Hard Drives refuse to mount

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mindgamer8907

External Hard Drives refuse to mount

Post by mindgamer8907 »

Hi there, I've been trying to figure this out for several days to no avail. My 160G Toshiba Ext. HD which I have been using for the past two years with no issues has begun refusing to mount when I plug it into the usb port. Likewise, my new iomage 1.0 T HD which I had been using for about a week suddenly decided that it was going to do the same. What is troubling is that I can occasionally get the Toshiba to work on either my x-box or my comp. Perhaps this is not so much a linux issue as it is a crappy equipment issue. Let me know what information I can provide that may help solve this problem. Again, they were working reliably on Sunday and they stopped working on Monday. They were not dropped, run through magnets, cooled, heated, exposed to gamma rays or anything else. Please help, I have information I need to mail off for Grad School apps on both and it is rather urgent. Thank you all.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
nunol
Level 9
Level 9

Re: External Hard Drives refuse to mount

Post by nunol »

If both x-box and the computer fails to mount the external disk it's probably a problem with that disk, just try it on another computer just to be sure.

Return to “Hardware Support”