Compatiblity with Sandy Bridge Dual GPU's

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
drwolfe

Compatiblity with Sandy Bridge Dual GPU's

Post by drwolfe »

Good day everyone!

I am looking to install a linux distro on my new laptop for python/kannel development http://www.jr.com/hp/pe/HP_DV66090US/. So far Ubuntu does not work with my DV6, will Linux Mint work? I was told linux will not work because of the dual Sandy Bridge and AMD video card that is installed. Please assist if possible. I prefer getting rid of Windows rather than running a virtual machine.

Regards,
Dr.Wolfe
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rhY

Re: Compatiblity with Sandy Bridge Dual GPU's

Post by rhY »

Boot from the live CD, poke around, and then do a wubi install to see if it's all working first. If it does then you can do a full format. :)
drwolfe

Re: Compatiblity with Sandy Bridge Dual GPU's

Post by drwolfe »

Well, I loaded up the live cd and I thought everything worked. While in linux I was able to see my wireless lan, and my USB 3.0! I didnt test browsing sadly :( as right now I attached my ethernet and I am unable to browse.

It LMDE detects the nic, but there is no IP address assiged to it. I tried to manually assign one, but that didnt work either. What else could I do?

Regard,
Dr.Wolfe

Return to “Hardware Support”