ATI Catalyst Control Center???

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
LanceHaverkamp

ATI Catalyst Control Center???

Post by LanceHaverkamp »

How do I:
A) Install the ATI Catalyst Control Center?
or,
B) Control the ATI video card output for brightness & contrast?

No I can't adjust the monitor, it's old & maxed-out. But I know I can get much more boost out of the video card, as I do it regularly for others with old LCD's on Windows using the ATI Catalyst Control Center.

Thanks,
Lance
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: ATI Catalyst Control Center???

Post by xenopeek »

Isn't it installed by default if you have installed the AMD Catalyst proprietary driver?
20. In the Other Sub-Menu of the Applications Menu you will find AMD/ATI Catalyst Control Center. You can check the version of fglrx that is working by clicking on Information in the left panel of the AMD/ATI Catalyst Control Center.
21. To make changes through the AMD/ATI Catalyst Control Center, start the ATI Catalyst Control Center by opening a Terminal and typing:
sudo amdcccle
Source: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BinaryDriverHowto/ATI

Try that last command (sudo amdcccle) from alt+f2 or from terminal.
LanceHaverkamp

Re: ATI Catalyst Control Center???

Post by LanceHaverkamp »

xenopeek wrote:Isn't it installed by default if you have installed the AMD Catalyst proprietary driver?
Yes, and I tried that a few hours ago, but it seems that Mint (at least 9 & 10) never offers to install the proprietary drivers. I've tried several cards, both nVivia & ATI, Jockey never offers to install a driver.
When I manually install fglrx, I get Catalyst, but the non-proprietary driver remains in control, so Catalyst does not run.

Lance

Return to “Hardware Support”